Clarithromycin lactobionate 739.52 mg equivalent to clarithromycin 500 mg
Clarithromycin is a semi-synthetic macrolide with a 14-membered lactone ring.
ATC code: J01FA09
Mechanism of action:
The mechanism of action of clarithromycin is based on the inhibition of protein synthesis by binding to the 50S subunit of the bacterial ribosome. This usually results in a bacteriostatic effect.
Clarithromycin Eberth is a macrolide - antibiotic.
Clarithromycin Eberth is indicated for the treatment of adults and adolescents (from 12 years of age) with moderate to severe infections caused by pathogens susceptible to clarithromycin, when oral therapy is not applicable; in patients with known hypersensitivity to penicillin or if penicillin is not suitable for other reasons:
- Infections that can be treated with Clarithromycin Eberth
- moderate to severe community-acquired bacterial bronchopneumonia and pneumonia, including pneumonia caused by the atypical bacteria Chlamydia spp., Mycoplasma spp. or Legionella spp.
- acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (adequately diagnosed)
- acute bronchitis caused by bacteria or superinfected (adequately diagnosed)
- acute bacterial sinusitis
- moderate to severe skin and soft tissue infections such as impetigo, erysipelas, folliculitis, furunculosis and wound infections